LEARN TO CONQUER THE OPEN ROAD
As one of Harley-Davidson's largest and longest standing motorcycle training programs, we have trained thousands of men and women in the DC/Baltimore area over the last fifteen years and introduced them to the exciting sport of motorcycling. Our team of rider coaches and dealership staff combine fun, expert instruction and a wealth of knowledge in a friendly environment to create an exceptional and memorable customer experience. While you may have a number of questions about our program, check out our RA Brochure and FAQ links below for full details about our program. Of course, we always welcome your phone call or, better yet, stop in to see us we'd love to meet you! Our Harley-Davidson Dealership and Riding Academy is located in Annapolis, MD near Glen Burnie, Severna Park, and Crofton, Maryland.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card, which may (varies by state) exempt you from the riding portion of your license exam and score you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
NEW RIDER COURSE FAQS
What will I need to register?
Participants must be at least 15 year and 9 months old or have been issued the license waiver (MS-069). To take the class, you should be able to ride a bicycle. MDOT MVA Approved Course.
Do I need any special gear?
You'll need to bring the following:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements
WHY RIDE WITH ROMMEL
You'll have access to a wealth of expert resources to assist you in many ways as a new or experienced rider.
Flexible scheduling: we offer three classes each week, March through November.
With a team of over 15 instructors, you'll receive a more focused and personalized experience (class sizes typically carry a 5:1 or less student to instructor ratio).
You'll learn on an easy to handle Harley-Davidson XG500 motorcycle that is more representative of the typical street-ready motorcycle.
Our training motorcycles support several different seat configurations and can accommodate riders of different sizes.
Our graduates qualify for our Learn to Ride for Free program ask a representative for details.